The book “Λυδία: Ένα καλοκαίρι στην Ελλάδα!” (Lydia: A summer in Greece!) is an Easy reader in Greek, intended for A1 – early stages of A2 Greek learners. The book is also accompanied by the MP3 AUDIO-Book, which will be sent with a download link in your confirmation email, after payment. This is the eBook version. You can download it, but you can not print it.
(If you prefer the printed version, then you are welcome to order the “hard copy”on this eShop)
Do you feel like having a break from studying Greek formally with language or grammar books? Then here is the Easy Reader you are looking for! A real story, which will give you the opportunity to learn or revise Greek in a relaxing and pleasant way!
Summary: Lydia is Greek-American. On a trip to Greece, she meets a man, Orestis. They become friends. However, there are hidden secrets… The story is set in Athens and on the beautiful island of Syros, Cyclades.
The book features:
- plenty of dialogues covering a great variety of everyday topics, such as: Introducing myself / Talking about my family / Ordering in a coffee–shop or a tavern / Arranging a meeting / Asking for or Giving directions / Hobbies / Shopping / Travelling / Describing a city
- short, easily–manageable chapters
- illustrations that show the reader clearly the essential elements of the story
- footnotes with explanations of words in Greek
- footnotes with synonyms of words
- footnotes with the present tense of verbs found in the text
- an Audio with all of the story, recorded by native Greek speakers
- a selected vocabulary from each chapter translated into English (included in the book)
- a selected vocabulary from each chapter translated into French, German, Turkish (at extra cost : you can find the links to buy those eBooks, on the right of this webpage)
- a companion book with the verbs used in the story conjugated in the Present, Future and Past Tenses (at extra cost : you can find the link to buy the verb-book on the right of this webpage)
- About the Audio-book:
Listen to the story, recorded by native Greek speakers, and improve your listening skills. Original melodies for the story were composed by talented musician Issidoros Papadakis. In addition, two great musicians, the bouzouki master Petros Kapellas and Yannis Varthalitis (guitar), played a taqsim (a piece of improvised folk music) that was recorded on the island of Syros – right next to the sea – and then included in the story.
- The Easy Reader also offers the following two extensions, to improve your Greek:1. Companion WorkBook (printable PDF eBook format)
2. Verb-Book (printable PDF / eBook format)