Do you also wish to learn the daily Greek language, but you have a hard time to actually start and practice?
Do you struggle a bit with learning Greek grammar, remembering the Greek words, and wondering when you finally will be able to say those first sentences in Greek?
How would you feel if you could communicate in Greek at your hotel, in the grocery store, in a Greek tavern, with your Greek friends …?
Here is the good news; It is not that difficult, but you need to lose your fear of speaking Greek and start communicating in Greek from day one.
With this Greek Speaking Starter Kit…
a. you will learn useful vocabulary and only those things you need or hear on a daily basis while visiting Greece
b. every lesson introduces particular grammar structures, essential to construct sentences and make yourself understandable. You will get a lot of practical examples and explanations with small videos
c. you will be motivated to start speaking Greek and you will lose your fear of making mistakes
d. Through many videos taken in Greece, you will get the feeling as if you are holidaying in Greece
Every multi-media module, in total 7, introduces particular grammar structures.
Here’s what you will get:
- 1) Handout per module, in total 7, including notes, useful vocabulary, simple grammar and vocabulary list
If you hate memorizing many words, you can just stick to basic vocabulary lists, to start speaking. We also kept the grammar as simple as possible, so you will have the opportunity to start speaking Greek from week 1, with simple easy sentences. You will learn everything that you probably need on a daily basis, when visiting Greece on your holidays.
And not only do you get the vocabulary lists for basic vocabulary but also example sentences you can use, as well as simple grammar. We kept the grammar as simple as possible, so you will have the opportunity to start speaking Greek, with easy sentences. Get ready for the fun and amazing reactions!
- 2) Video lesson per module, in total 7, giving you all the vocabulary and grammar you need to start a basic conversation in Greek, and which you can use immediately during your visit in Greece
You prefer to watch a video, than reading everything on the handout? Then this video lesson is perfect for you. We explain you everything of what is written in the handout, and show you photos, grammar explanations, etc… It makes everything much more fun, alive and it gives you the feeling as if you are in Greece!
- 3) Introduction videos per module as well extra videos explaining grammar, explained by native Greek teachers
Maybe you do not have the chance to travel to Greece often, or you only visit Greece with organized trips, where you are not really introduced to the „real Greece“, but more to „good hotels“ and „what tourists expect to eat on holidays“?
With those little intro videos, we would like to show how things look like in Greece, on a daily basis, for the locals. For sure, Greece is not just moussaka and tzatziki, or Greek salad 😊
- 4) Audio for all the vocabulary, so you can listen to the correct pronunciation. If you know to read the Alphabet, you also know how to pronounce every word. The pronunciation is not that difficult to learn, and in general, Greeks will understand you even when you do not have that perfect accent! So relax! However, it is always better to learn vocabulary and memorize it with the correct pronunciation. The audio per module is recorded by a native speaker and will give you the correct pronunciation of every word in the vocabulary list.
The course consists of 7 modules:
1. How to Greet in Greek | Καλημέρα, καλησπέρα
2. Bakery, Pastry Shop & Sandwich Bar | Ο φούρνος, το ζαχαροπλαστείο, το σαντουιτσάδικο
3. The Greek Kiosk and Mini-Market | Το περίπτερο και το μίνι-μάρκετ
4. Ordering a Souvlaki in Greek | Σουβλάκι ή γύρος;
5. Eating Out in Greece | Η ελληνική ταβέρνα
6. Ordering Drinks in Greek | Γεια μας!
7. Making Small Talk in Greek | Μιλάμε ελληνικά
You get access to all the video-lessons for one year. The eBooks and audio are downloadable, so you can keep them forever!
Note: The materials only require that you know how to read the Greek Alphabet. Just in case you do not know the Alphabet yet, then an extra bonus is included, teaching you the Greek Alphabet with extra videos and handout.
You are in the right place if you…
… want to learn and speak Greek, Beginners levels.
… want to learn at your own pace, wherever you are and whenever you have time.
… want to learn with authentic and compelling content.
… need help on how to stick to the basics, before learning more vocabulary and extended grammar
… want to know more about Greek culture.
Motivated or unmotivated, shy or outgoing, rational or emotional, calm or stressed, this course is for all types of students!
During your lessons, you will also see several videos of Omilo teachers with extra explanations, vocabulary, or dialogues.
Credits : Omilo Greek Language and Culture (omilo.com)
What do students say?
“In March 2020, when UK schools and workplaces were closed down due to Covid 19, my parents introduced me to Omilo’s “Everyday Greek Language” Starter Kit. I began with the stand-alone Bakery chapter, and was very impressed by how well constructed and enjoyable the lessons were. Each piece of learning is supported by appropriate text and video resources, which guided me through the new vocabulary at an easy and manageable pace, and I quickly decided to purchase the full seven-lesson course. Omilo has thought very carefully about how to balance the learning of vocabulary with basic grammar, and the wide range of videos they provide do an excellent job of putting the new learning into a cultural context. I am very pleased to have been introduced to the Omilo course, which I enjoyed greatly, and I am looking forward to using my new Greek language on holiday in Greece next summer.”
William Abell, UK