Improve your Greek vocabulary with Greek songs, with songs written by famous composers and performed by very known singers.
The early 1960s is the official starting point of a new genre of music in Greece, which combines orchestral music with poetry for the first time and is called Entechno.
Entechno music combines elements of Greek Laika songs with poetry, making Greek poetry accessible to all social classes. Learn more with this eBook, the founders of this genre, how the songs developed over the years while learning more Greek with companion exercises (answer key included).
Included is a selection of songs for several composers, with corresponding English translations and YouTube links, as well as companion exercises to improve your Greek.
By listening to Greek Entechna music, you not only improve your Greek, but you also get more insight into this musical genre, as well as Greek poetry. You will also learn extra Greek vocabulary while listening to the songs and the included exercises.
The eBook includes:
• a short overview of how Entecho music developed in the 60’ties till the 90’ties
• information about famous composers and their songs
• information about lyricists, as well as singers and their songs
• short exercises to improve your Greek (including an answer key)
• links so that you can listen to the songs while reading the Greek lyrics (or English translations)
Enjoy this beautiful music, and sing along!
This eBook is an Omilo Greek Language and Culture Publication (www.omilo.com)
Printable eBook, PDF format, 40 pages (A4)